I first started blogging back in 2002. Those first posts are no longer available here. But, they can be found at archive.org
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- dreams delayed because of homelessness - First Coast News June 19, 2013dreams delayed because of homelessnessFirst Coast NewsJACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- When you're a teenager, there are some things that are expected: your own bedroom, close friends and big dreams. "It has just been absolutely insane and you're supposed to stay positive," said Tabitha, "but sometimes it is just ...and more »
- Boston Hosting Summit to Address Youth Homelessness Problem - Boston magazine's Boston Daily (blog) June 18, 2013Boston magazine's Boston Daily (blog)Boston Hosting Summit to Address Youth Homelessness ProblemBoston magazine's Boston Daily (blog)Massachusetts offers a lot of options and services to the homeless youth population statewide, but officials that oversee some of those programs say there are gaps between agencies that need to be mended in order to a […]
- For Fairfax homeless students, graduation means a diploma and a brighter future - Washington Post June 18, 2013For Fairfax homeless students, graduation means a diploma and a brighter futureWashington PostIn their blue caps and gowns, Sia Kanu and Zac Winland blended in with the rows of graduating Lee High School students Monday. But unlike the hundreds of other seniors in their Fairfax County class, the two 19-year-olds represented a tiny sliver of the ...and more » […]
- Teens' dreams delayed because of homelessness - First Coast News June 18, 2013Teens' dreams delayed because of homelessnessFirst Coast NewsJACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- When you're a teenager, there are some things that are expected: your own bedroom, close friends and big dreams. "It has just been absolutely insane and you're supposed to stay positive," said Tabitha, "but sometimes it is just ...
- Photo by Sam Hodgson - Voice of San Diego June 19, 2013Voice of San DiegoPhoto by Sam HodgsonVoice of San DiegoHundreds of people, more than a thousand at times, live on the streets in downtown San Diego. It's the region's largest concentration of homeless people. But just how large and how concentrated depends on which number you're looking at, when you're ...and more »
- What's softball got to do with helping homeless youth? - Crosscut June 18, 2013CrosscutWhat's softball got to do with helping homeless youth?CrosscutAfter all, while it boasted to be “the largest-ever gathering in support of homeless young people,” it was also quite an impressive gathering of rich, largely white people goofing off and playing softball. The roster included the likes of Seattle ...
- Amid the recovery, Portland's homeless underscore the need for jobs - OregonLive.com June 18, 2013Amid the recovery, Portland's homeless underscore the need for jobsOregonLive.comIf you were to combine the populations of John Day (1,840), Manzanita (610) and Detroit (250), you'd still fall short of the number of people in Multnomah County who were counted as homeless on one night just a few months ago: 2,869. Nearly 1,900 of ...
- Growing concern in Menomonie about homelessness among young adults - WQOW TV News 18 June 18, 2013Growing concern in Menomonie about homelessness among young adultsWQOW TV News 18Menomonie (WQOW) - There is a growing concern in Menomonie about homelessness among young adults. Stepping Stones Shelter Coordinator, Heidi Hooten, says, "I've had a couple of 18 year olds who were in abusive households, and it just go to the ...
- Reader's View, homelessness: City must focus on housing, not more laws - The Idaho Statesman June 18, 2013Reader's View, homelessness: City must focus on housing, not more lawsThe Idaho StatesmanBoise's City Council is considering three ordinances that, if passed, would unnecessarily expand the reach of government, criminalize homeless residents, and waste taxpayer dollars - without providing any real solutions to address homelessness.
- Editorial: Seattle City Council presses on against homelessness - The Seattle Times June 16, 2013Editorial: Seattle City Council presses on against homelessnessThe Seattle TimesYEAR nine of the audaciously named Ten-Year Plan to End Homelessness in King County just began. It has been a fabulous marketing plan, bringing focus to a sprawling social ill. And it produced some results, helping add more than 5,000 housing units for ...
- Nobody Can Do Everything, But Everyone Can Do SomethingWith its mission to transform the lives of homeless men, women and children by providing crucial services to end their crisis of homelessness, the Coalition offers a hand-up to a better life through case management; a variety of educational, ...(F)lorida (U)nited (N)umismatists Forums
- Bedroom Tax and benefit cap everything you need to be aware ...The benefit cap thus presents a seven times greater likelihood of non-payment of rent and a seven times higher risk of the tenant being evicted and becoming a homeless family. In fact homelessness through eviction for arrears is inevitable ...Ray woolford
- HOMELESS :: STREETS OF SPRINGFIELD :: MATT 25:40 » Esther ...With open hearts, Jesus's words rang so much clearer when we pursed them in a genuine way today.As we took a deeper look into the lives of people we normally try to overlook, our hearts stirred in unexpected ways.Who knew befriending ...Esther
- Cool Food Dude: Eating my way through Boston -- Part 2This enormous mural installation was posted in Harvard Square near the Coop in order to bring attention to homelessness. 60 3-by-4.5 foot photographs and one 15-by-17 foot photograph cover the entire Palmer Street building in Harvard ...Bazi
- | Occupy DuluthThey want to meet some homeless people. We say, “Homeless people probably won't come into the Memorial until you are gone. They are used to being harassed by people who look like you; they don't know you so will be suspicious.nightcleaner
- http://freerun2snackwebsitescouk/ 20600796 - publishThe Government of Canada's new Homelessness Partnering Strategy began on April 1, 2007. It will provide $269.6 million over two years to help communities across Canada combat homelessness more effectively. The Strategy puts in place ...xcxbz9028
- The Homeless Guy: Braving The StreetIt's a book I highly recommend to people who want a deeper understanding of what is happening on the streets. It's a real scientific approach. No one is trying to sell a religion or other life philosophy on the backs of the homeless, in this book.Kevin Barbieux
- Bloomington Mayor Mark Kruzan | Ask the Mayor - WFIU Public RadioNote: the audio for this show will be available on June 26, 2013. Topics for today's ask the mayor include: - Allocation of Jack Hopkins Grants - Homelessness - Parking - Food and Beverage Tax -. Share Facebook · Twitter · Reddit · Digg ...Jimmy Jenkins
- What do you do with Jesus on the Corner? | Awake my SoulOnly, apparently she hadn't taken “Homelessness 101″ because she wasn't standing in the “right” spot where homeless folks camp – the spot where cars have to stop and it's easy to hand something out the window. No, this girl was standing ...lauracrosby
- Shropshire families face property ladder crisis « Shropshire StarA study commissioned by homelessness charity Shelter showed young couples with a child in Shropshire faced the second worst wait in the region when it came to the length of time they would have to save to get on the property ladder.unknown
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.